Windermere Manor was built in 1925 as a family home to John Smallman, who used the nearby land for a horse farm and cash crops. The Manor, purchased by Western University in the early 1970’s, opened its doors in 1991 as a component of Western University Research Park, offering meeting and conferencing facilities, a full service restaurant, and hotel accommodations.
Although slightly altered, the Manor’s interior retains its original warmth and luxury. The baronial splendor of the Grand Hall, with its lofty ceilings, hand-hewn beams, oak balcony and welcoming wood-burning stone fireplace all echo a by-gone era of pageantry and privilege. Additions and renovations to the original Manor House have allowed for meeting spaces and a guest room wing that that gracefully blends with the original structure and conveys a sense of period continuity. These annexes provide today’s guest with all the comforts and conveniences of a modern hotel and meeting facility.